What is DAC?
The Digital Arts Center ( DAC ) is a branch of the University of California, San Diego Extension. DAC offers professional training in various digital media art fields such as graphic and web design, mobile application development, and video production.
The approach that the Digital Arts Center takes is to instruct with a practical, real world approach. Your instructors are also your mentors; they are experts in their fields. They put theory into practice so your learning outcomes can be applied to and meet today's industry standards.
The mission of our Graphic & Web Design, Mobile Application Development, and Video & Editing Program is to provide a well-balanced, high-quality education. We combine applied arts technology and techniques, related business practices and portfolio creation, in order to prepare students for entry-level employment and for professional advancement within their chosen fields.
- Graphic & Web Design
- The Graphic & Web Design Program takes a professional, practical approach in teaching the principles of graphic and web design. Students in the Graphic & Web Design Certificate Program learn how to combine design theory with the latest design technology in order to create professional graphic designs for print and web.
- Mobile Applications Development
- The Mobile Applications Development Program is an advanced training program for smartphone application enthusiasts and industry professionals seeking opportunities to expand their design, programming, and software development skills into the world of mobile application development. Students produce complete mobile applications for iOS devices including iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android based smartphones, and other platforms.
- Video & Editing
- Gain the skills to work in today's new media environment. In the Video & Editing Program, students learn about storytelling, storyboarding, pre-visualization, lighting, sound, and shooting, as well as editing with Final Cut Pro, sound engineering, motion graphics, and video formatting to enable output to DVD, web, mobile devices, and/or broadcast mediums.
- Convenient pre-set class schedule with 12-month evening programs
- Career focused education in San Diego
- Small class sizes for more individualized instruction from experienced industry professionals
- Tuition locked in for one year
- UC San Diego Extension professional certificate in Graphic & Web Design, Video & Editing, or Mobile Applications Development awarded upon successful completion
- Internships / Externships for those who qualify
- Study digital media education with motivated students who share your interests
- Own and be trained on all of your own industry preferred hardware and software
- Create your own interactive portfolio and marketing materials to show potential employers/clients
How can I learn more about the programs?
Join us for an information session that will give you an opportunity to: