Video & Editing
Be the creative vision behind the camera. Our video production program immerses students in real client challenges. Gain hands-on experience using professional equipment and learn from instructors who work in the industry. Learn to tell your story the way you imagine it.
Looking for a video production school? UC San Diego Extension Digital Arts Center's multimedia training includes the principles of storytelling, videography, motion graphics, and audio. Today, a knowledgeable multimedia student has the power to create motion film titles and trailers, video, graphics, and sound for TV, corporate media, commercials for TV, radio, and interactive media--all from a desktop or laptop computer.
Students will complete a series of projects developing rich media content, illustrating the history, current activities and future aspirations of non-profit organizations with podcasts, flash animations, streaming video of interviews and a mini-documentary. Completing these video production projects allows students to develop a valuable working portfolio while obtaining practical experience in real-world situations.
Our career focused professional training program enables newcomers and media veterans to retool for the new media environment; developing competencies with new and traditional media tools and cross platform sensibilities.
The Digital Arts Center Video & Editing Program utilizes industry leading software, enabling students to create high quality productions for a variety of delivery formats.
- Understand video production planning and development
- Develop scripts for your projects
- Understand fundamental cinematography
- Demonstrate lighting and composition principles
- Learn how to mic talent and record sound
- Apply sound design techniques including audio editing and processing dialog, music, and sound effects
- Learn editing techniques using Final Cut Pro
- Problem solve technical considerations from: delivery formats to frame rates, codec usage and video transfer
- Demonstrate proficiency in motion graphics
- Design menus, buttons, and digital video using the DVD specifications
- Receive training in resume development, interviewing skills, and guidance on business methods to pursue freelance work
- Convenient pre-set, 12 month class schedule
- Career focused video production school in San Diego
- Small class sizes with motivated students who share your interest in video production
- Individualized instruction from professionals within multimedia field
- Tuition locked in for one year
- Internships / Externships for those who qualify
- Own and be trained on all of your own video production industry preferred hardware and software (Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, and Adobe After Effects)
- Gain hands-on experience allowing you to immediately apply your new skills
- Create a demo reel of video work to show potential employers/clients Lock in tuition for one year
We believe your education experience is greatly enhanced when you and your peers have unlimited access to your own licenses of the video production software and your own computer. Check with the program manager for details on book/software versions pertaining specifically to each program.