Mobile Game Development
Develop your own video games for web and smartphones. This game design program offers hands-on experience, professional equipment, and instructors who work in the industry. Learn to create GAMES that you want to PLAY.
The Digital Arts Center offers a game design program for mobile games. In this comprehensive one year program, students develop a broad range of skill-sets, from game design to interface design, and learn to use art and programming technology to effectively bring a video game project for a mobile game from concept to completion. The Mobile Game Development program is designed to provide students with comprehensive professional training in a creative studio environment. By the end of the program, students produce a video game prototype or a complete mobile game for Mac, Win, web and/or mobile platforms (including iPhone, iPod, and iPad app development).
Mobile games require no long-term time commitment or special skills to play, and they are typically played online via a web browser or a smartphone. According to the Mobile Games Association, over 200 million people play mobile games each month on the internet.
Our applications development is based in the Unity Game Development Tool. This multiplatform game engine can publish standalone builds for Mac/Win, publish a web game, or publish to iPhone, iPod, iPad and more.
Whether it is designing game play mechanics, reward systems and interactive storytelling, or the artistry of animating characters, mobile game developers work together within a team of smart, creative, and passionate professionals. Making web games is fun!
The one year professional certificate program enables students to apply these unique game design and development skills to a variety of mediums:
- Mobile Game Design
- Mobile Game Art
- User Interface Design
- Product Management
- Game Programming
- Apply Video Game Design Skills to Mobile Gaming
- iPhone, iPod and iPad application development
- Game Development for the Web, Mac, Win & mobile platforms
- Convenient pre-set, 12 month class schedule
- Career focused
- Small class sizes with motivated students who share your interest in game design
- Individualized instruction from professionals within the game development industry
- Tuition locked in for one year
- Internships / Externships for those who qualify
- UC San Diego Extension professional certificate in mobile game development awarded upon successful completion
- Own and be trained on all of your own mobile game design industry preferred hardware & software (Unity Game Development Tool, Adobe CS, Year-long license of Autodesk's Maya)
- Study in our game design program with motivated students who share your interests in a real world production environment
- Receive critiques from local game design companies
- Gain hands-on experience allowing you to immediately apply your new skills
- Build a complete (or prototype) mobile game
- Create interactive game design portfolio to show potential employers/clients
We believe your education experience is greatly enhanced when you and your peers have unlimited access to your own licenses of the software and your own computer. Check with the program manager for details on book/software versions pertaining specifically to each program.