Mobile App Development Prerequisites
UC San Diego Extension programs are designed to best serve college-prepared working professionals. Although programs are open to all adult learners, where program capacity is limited, applicants with this profile will receive preference for admission.
Specifically, applicants for this program are assessed as follows:
- Professional work in digital arts or a related field.
- Knowledge of coding or programming using object oriented languages.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Strength of a statement of purpose, including a description of individual preparation, interests, and goals consistent with the program.
- For non-native English language speakers, proof of language proficiency: 550 paper-based TOEFL, 213 computer-based TOEFL, 760 TOEIC, 6.0 IELTS, Pass on Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency Exams.
Also, current full-time UCSD students may be considered for admission depending on their academic and career focus and educational performance.
All students are required to submit their application and view an information session and attend an interview to assess these criteria before beginning classes.
Note: due to a heavy emphasis on coding in this program, students with basic coding experience should expect to commit 10-15 hours to homework per course, per week. Students with intermediate to advanced knowledge of coding shuold expect to commit 5-10 hours to homework per course, per week. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact us.