Digital Arts Center Instructional Team
The Digital Arts Center instructors are professional, award-winning designers currently working in their respective fields. They are committed to sharing their industry design expertise and digital proficiency in the classroom as part of a mentorship-style program.
- Jodi Cilley, M.B.A.
- Jodi is the owner and operator of Videologico, a local visual communications company. In addition, she has been teaching video production since 2004. Jodi has taught at the high school and college level, and currently teaches Video Production and Editing in the Digital Arts Center. She also produces and directs short films.
- Corey Fayman, M.A.
- Corey has produced interactive products for Ford, Kenwood, IBM, TAGHeuer, Oxygen, Warner Brothers, Universal Studios, Fox Interactive, MP3.com, Vivendi-Universal, and the U.S. Army. He was awarded outstanding graduate of the Department of Educational Technology at San Diego State University, he is also an award-winning novelist.
- Michael Flaster, M.A.
- Michael is the faculty/program advisor for the Digital Arts Center Program, Video & Editing at UC San Diego, Extension. He earned his MA Telecommunications and Journalism from Kent State University and has more than 30 years professional experience in Radio, Television, Film and New Media. Michael's work history includes more than two decades managing, programming and producing for public radio and television stations, most recently as Associate General Manager for KPBS Radio and Television. He is President of the consulting firm Traveling Mind Productions and has advised clients such as National Public Radio the public and commercial broadcasting systems of the Republic of Moldova. He has taught in the Communications Departments of Kent State University and San Diego State and was a Visiting Scholar at Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism. Michael has been named Public Television's Programmer of the Year and his documentaries and performance programs have appeared as part of the PBS and NPR national schedule. Michael's work has been honored by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the San Diego Press Club, The American Bar Association and the Radio and Television News Association of Southern California.
- Harold Hamernik, M.A.
- Harold holds an M.A. in education, is the author of several books, and is experienced in both Mac and PC platforms. Harry owns his own studio, an art production house specializing in print design, illustrations and entertainment art. He has taught at various schools in San Diego.
- Carolyn O'Barr, B.S.
- Carolyn has been teaching eight+ years at various colleges in San Diego. Ms. O'Barr is proficient in many software programs including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver, Apple FCP, Motion, Soundtrack and DVD Studio. She is a judge at the San Diego County Fair and a member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.
- Genadi Radiul, M.S.
- Genadi has two Masters degrees - one in music and one in motion graphics. He has taught at the Art Institute in Pittsburgh, and is currently teaching at the Art Institute in San Diego. He has extensive experience in working with various audio/video equipment, both analog and digital hardware and software. He is currently teaching motion graphics, compositing and computer applications classes at the Art Institute in San Diego.
- Donna Sandsmark, M.S.
- Donna combines a background in engineering, programming, and design to create a learning environment that covers all aspects of web design. A lead instructor in the Web Design and Interactive Media program at The Art Institute, Sandsmark also works as a freelance developer, creating websites, content management systems, and mobile apps for companies nationwide.
- Kristian Secor, M.S.
- Kristian has taught web design topics ranging from server-side programming to user experience for ten years. He has produced websites for diverse markets such as school districts and sports franchises. Secor has consulted with several firms in San Diego including eBoost and Aviatech, and is nearing the dissertation phase of a doctoral degree in Educational Technology.
- Aaron Serafino, B.A.
- Aaron, from Brooks Institute of Photography, has 20 years experience in the medium. His expertise includes black-and-white darkroom procedures, studio lighting, pre-modern processes, custom color printing as well as digital imaging and photography. He is a working graphic artist and photographer with a wide range of real-world experience.